The Keystone Live-In Treatment Program
The Keystone Live-In Treatment Program is an all-gendered, 7 bed, short-term live-in program for young people ages 12-17 years.
The Live-In Treatment Program operates 24/7, 365 days a year and offers a safe and welcoming, home-like environment for youth who may require additional supports, observation and stabilization. This program allows the time for youth to assess, build and develop the skills they need to achieve successful outcomes. With a focus on engagement and structured, therapeutic and recreational programing within a multi-disciplinary team, youth and families create an individualized plan of care to meet their goals and take an active role in creating their own futures.
Each youth admitted into the program have already been connected to a case counsellor and services at Keystone Child, Youth & Family Services and will continue with on-going services upon discharge of the program. The length of stay within the program is dictated by an individual’s personal investment into the program, their goals and outcomes of their individualized treatment plans and clinical consultation. A typical stay is approximately 3-4 weeks.
The short-term Live-In Treatment program offers youth and families the opportunity to breathe, assess the situation, create a plan of action that works for their unique needs and move forward with additional skills and resources.
This program aims to support the following outcomes:
• Crisis intervention, assessment and stabilization
• Elevated mood
• Boosted self-esteem, sense of self-worth and confidence
• Respite and increased stability for youth and family
• Understanding and developing healthy relationships with family, adults and peers
• Developing communication and conflict resolution skills
• Establish healthy routines, self-care and independent life- skills
• Longer assessment period to support diagnosis, treatment plans, behavior modification and medication trials if needed
• Acquiring the emotional and social skills to cope effectively at home, at school and in the community
The benefits of our program are:
Provide youth a fresh start
Give parents and youth time to build upon their strengths
Provide support and direction
Help make plans that are helpful and sustainable
Youth remain connected to their school work and attend classes with a dedicated teacher during the school year.
Adolescents who are in hospital often are referred to our Live-in Treatment Program as a transition back into their community. All Live-In Treatment Program referrals are assessed through our intake and counselling service.
We are proud of our ability to work with our youth closely before, during and after their stay.
Download our Program Welcome Package HERE.
To inquire about the Live-In Treatment Program, call 519-371-4773
View more about the 12 Quality Standards for Care here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/the-care-you-deserve